About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Gold Award

This is way over due. Back in June, the 14th to be exact, my daughter received her Gold Award through Girl Scouts. The Gold Award is the highest award you can receive in Girl Scouts and is usually an award a high school senior would get. My daugther has been with this troop for 9 years and is the youngest in her troop, being 2 years younger than most of her troop. What makes this award so special is that my daughter is only a sophmore in high school and is one of only three in her troop to get this award. I am so very proud of her and her acomplishment.



The awards were held in the Convention Center in Pasadena with over 200+ young ladies from all over Southern California receiving their Gold Award.



Again Sweetheart, I'm am so proud of you.

My daughter standing in front of her portrait.


Obtaining her Gold Award, which is the blue ribbon being worn around her neck.




Here we are after the awards ceremony with a family shot.


This is my daughter's troop leader and my sweetheart (daughter).


2 comments:

Al Quackenbush said...

Congrats to your daughter, Jim. What a fantastic accomplishment. You must be a very proud papa! Being a former Boy Scout, I know she must have worked very hard to get where she did. Congrats!

kymberli q. said...

Wow! That is amazing! Congratulations to her!! I hope Riley wants to be in the Girl Scouts when she is older.