About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, July 24, 2009

My Love

After hearing about Rancho Los Alamitos, which is located just southeast of Long Beach State University and in a private community, my wife, daughter, and I went out there to take a look and see if there was any potential for senior portraits. I heard about this location from a new found friend and fellow photographer.

I thought I would take advantage of this and take some nice shots of my wife and daughter, but we ended up having some car problems that delayed and limited our time there. We explored the area while I took some shots of my wife and daughter, who also took a nice shot of my wife and I. You'll see that these shots are all upper body and tight. That was done on the request of my wife.

So with that said, here are some shots to share. I do have a great deal to learn about lightning and posing, but I am happy with these shots.

This first shot was taken by my daughter and shows my wife and I.









A shot of my daughter.




This is just one of those shots you either like or don't. I wanted to get a shot of my daughter and saw it looked with my wife in the background and liked it.




2 comments:

Misty Jones Photography said...

I really like that last shot! Very cool!

Lisa Walsh said...

I like that you're branching out into portraits. :) That looks like a really interesting location for a shoot. Were those bamboo stalks behind your wife in one of those shots?