About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Bolsa Chica Wet Lands

Its been awhile since I've been out to Bolsa Chica so this past Saturday I decided to head out to see what I would find.  The activity was pretty much non-existent, but I was able to get some great shots of this Pintail





After the Pentail I decided to take the walk to the mid-section of the wet lands, but the activity was even less there.  I did notice this Western Grebe who had an oyster clamped down on its lower beak.  I felt sorry for this Grebe who appeared worn out with its head resting on his breast.  Every few minutes he would raise up out of the water while trying to shake the oyster off with negative results.  There was another Western Grebe who stayed close, which I could only assume was his mate.



No comments: