About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sunset at Huntington Beach

This post is about doing what you want to do.

I've been wanting to hit the beach and shoot some more sunsets at the pier, but due to work, lack of clouds, or to much cloud cover (dark overcast skies), and now that it's summer, way too many people, so I haven't made the drive.  That was until this past Friday when we had some nice cloud cover with a great blue sky behind it.

Now you never really know what your going to get until to get out there and the sun starts going down.  Boy did the heaven's put on a show that night.  The colors were spectacular with bright orange / yellow / and reds in the sky and clouds.  Although the beach was very crowded with family enjoying a wonderful day, there were also a bunch of photographers out doing exactly what I was.

So I spent the evening shooting away and walking up and down the beach looking for spots that provided me with minimal people / photographers in it.

These shots are in progression as the sun went down.  You can see how the colors changed the lower the sun went.  It was simply beautiful.  A lovely evening to be out and a fantastic evening to be out shooting.  I am so happy I made the drive.

Enjoy the shots.















No comments: