About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Girls Varsity Softball - Millikan vs Lakewood

Its that time of the year - high school softball / baseball, but this post is dedicated to girls varsity softball. It's been about a year since covering my last softball game and each game gives me different obstacles to overcome. With this game I was really limited to where I could position myself, which was about 5-7 yds past the first and third lines. This gave me issues with other players getting in the way or the base coaches standing between me and the batters, but I've learned that there are never any guarantees and as a sports shooter you often have to be flexible with your positioning.




So in addition to the two spots I mentioned above I also shoot through the fence (behind and off to the side of the catcher) with my 300 f/2.8 to get some shots of the pitchers. Another spot I used was a hole in the fence just inside the dugout which gave me a direct view for thrid base and shortstop.




I will say I seriously need to work on my timing to get the ball in the shot more, but well see what happens as the season goes and I get out to a few more games.





















No comments: