About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A day to be out and about - Seal Beach / Wetlands

This past Monday was a day to be out, although visually it didn't appear that way.

I was home enjoying my morning cup of coffee when my sugarbooger sent me a text saying she saw something on the news about high surf at Seal Beach, so I took a shower and got my gear together and headed out to Seal Beach, but before I left I brought my shoes and some socks so I could take a walk if the beach didn't turn out.

I'm glad I brought my shoes and socks as the beach did have some high surf but there was just wasn't much going on in the surfing aspect.  I did manage to take a couple of shots, but even with the lack of action it was a nice morning to watch the surf at Seal Beach.

After a couple of hours I packed up, put my shoes on, and headed to Signal Hill for a 3.5 mile walk, which felt great.





Later in the day and after my sugarbooger got home from work I talked her into going to the wetlands with me for the evening.  Added a couple more miles walking for the day as we enjoyed the evening and walk through the wetlands.  Below are a few shots I took during our walk

After leaving the wetlands my sugarbooger and I went out for a nice dinner before returning home to make dinner for the kids.  That's right, mom and dad had a nice evening out.  It was well deserved.








No comments: