About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lakewood Girls Varsity Soccer vs Millikan

While I shot this game, my son who also attends Lakewood High School used my car to go to his girlfriends house. The joys of your kids growing up. Normally you would drop them off and do what you need to do and then pick them up later, but now the tides have turned. So here I am at Lakewood shooting a soccer game while my son takes the car. Oh where does the time go.

Now back to the Varsity girls who played against Millikan today. I was pleased with what I got but have to say that my favorites are the following four headers.





Now once the game was finished I had to call my son to come and pick me up so I can rush home to take my daughter to her driving class. That's right, she just started her driving class last week and I was informed today that she has passed her written driving test and now has her permit. Oh joy, not one but two kids driving. I don't know if my wallet can handle the increase my insurance is going to be. So if some time in the near future you don't see any more sport action posts here that will be because I sold all my camera gear to pay for my car insurance.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Jim, thanks for the encouragement on my blog! Great looking action shots you have on your page here.

Kristi said...

You are certainly proficient at those header shots. I just love the expressions!! Great job, Jim.

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise Marie Olson said...

great shots Homer!!! don't worry, your work is paying for itself....!!! I'm tied down due to contracted photogs....so keep it coming!!!

kymberli q. said...

LOL about the camera equipment being sold to pay for car insurance! Great pics as usual, Jim! And best of luck with the kids driving. I'm sure they are going to be great!

jamiekoppi said...

Great Shots, but it looks painful to me!!