About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Special DVD Request

On the most part I make dvd slideshows of sport teams and the players who play in them, but on occasion I'm asked to put together slideshows for special occasions. I've been asked to put together a slideshow for a co-workers mother's 50th Wedding Anniversary. I'm real comfortable putting together sport slideshows, but a bit out of my comfort zone when asked for these special dvd's.

Recently I've been asked by a friend and co-worker of my wife to put together a slideshow for her niece who will be graduating from high school this year. Like I do with most things photography related, I told her what I can and can't do and spoke about her expectations. We came to an agreement as to what I needed and how it was going to be put together. Now the hard part.

Well Wednesday evening I recieved the USB external drive containing pictures of the special lady and yesterday during my day off I sat at home and worked my magic. Today I brought my laptop to work and finished the slideshow. I had to say it was a bit tough putting together something as important as this and not know anything about the person it is for, but I do want to say that I am very happy with the outcome. Once I got home from work I uploaded the slideshow to PhotoDex and contacted my wife's co-worker.

Before I tell you what she said I will say that my goal when putting together my slideshows is to make the mom's cry and I hit a homerun with this one. My wife and I were at my son's track banquet when she called and left a message. She just love it and cried at the end, which was the plan. I can't be any more happier then with the response I got from her. She loved it as is and didn't want anything changed. A job well done.

Selina's Slideshow

1 comment:

Denise Marie Olson said...

Kudos, Jim!!! A pure gift that you have.....