About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Well, it's been another year and time for all of us to get together on Christmas Eve. Each year we get together for Christmas Eve for dinner and gift exchange, which is usually a white elephant style gift exchange. This year was no exception. It was nice to getting together with my family and spend some time with them. We are very close and tend to get together throughout the year with BBQ's and birthday partys.

This first shot is a picture of my brother. I need to give a little bit of a background. If you have read my "About Me" on this blog then you know that I'm a Detective with a local Police Department. Well my brother is an ex-con. Have a lot of problems with how my brother has lived his life but will say that he appears to be on the right track now. He is pictured here with his new wife and child. I hope things work out for him.
Don't ask, just my sisters being themselves.
If you are asking yourself, "Is he wearing a thong on his head", then you are right. Each and every year when we get together for Christmas Eve we have a white elephant gift exchange. The gift usually tends to be unsual gifts, such as this thong, which he decided to wearMy two kids, who are growing up so dang fast, with their cousin (left side).


My sisters and I. Not quite sure why my eyes are partially closed, maybe I had gas or something (LOL).
Here's a shot of all of the kids with their grandma. I look at his picture and am just amazed how they are growing up so fast. The young man wearing glasses standing in the middle is my oldest nephew and currently in his first year of college. Where does the time go.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the lil' story about you, your work, and your brother's "on track" story. Good for him, but mostly, GOOD for you for hanging in there for him.. FAMILIA! Got love 'em!

From an SFPD Dispatcher....Happy New Year!

YStudio Photography said...

Did not mean to make that comment anonymous! LOL!