About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Long Beach Middle School Girls Leagues Track Meet

If you would like to view and order pictures from this event, just click on the above title.

Went out early Saturday morning to shoot the Long Beach Middle School League Track Meet at Lakewood High School. Although I was still tired from our CIF Semi-Final Football Game last night, I enjoyed the morning. It was a great day for some track.

As all middle school track meets they started out with the field events, which consisted of the high jump, long jump, and shot put. The field events go from 7:30am to about 9-9:30am and are followed by the track events, which can go to about 1pm.

My son decided to come with me and spend some time with the shot putters to help them out. He throws the shot put for Lakewood High School and one our league last year with track. Once the field events were finished he assisted the timers during the track events. I know he doesn't realize it but it was great to spend that time with him. We talked off and on throughout the morning and joked around. It saddens me to see how fast he is growing. Well back to the track. Here are some of my favorites during this meet.











No comments: