About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, December 5, 2008

CIF Semi-Finals Lakewood vs Poly

To view and order pictures from this game, just click on the above title.

"What a game"

I'm sure the Poly Jackrabbits expected to come into this game and just dominate the Lakewood Lancers, but that didn't happen. Instead Lakewood mounted a tough defence and an offense that moved the ball, but in the end, Poly's experience with games on the line prevailed.

I can't tell you what was going through the players minds but I can say that as far as me, I was very excited and nervous about this game. No matter how it ended, weather in our favor or not it was going to be a tough game and not won easily.

The Lancers started with receiving the ball and although they didn't score, the defense held the Jackrabbits to minimal yardage during the fist quarter. At the start of the second quarter the Lancers moved the ball to within a few yards of the goal line. After failing to score a touch down they kicked a field goal for a 3 point lead early in the second quarter. The Lancers kicked the ball off to the Jackrabbits and stopped them. After receiving the punt, the Lancers moved the ball to the goal line and scored with a touch down pass making it a 10-0 lead in favor of the Lancers. The Lancers continued to hold the Jackrabbits until late in the second quarter when the Jackrabbits, who were stopped by the Lancers defense were able to kick a field goal, making it 10-3 going into the half.

Going into the second half the Lancers were able to stop the Jackrabbits until late in the third quarter when they were able to score a 1 yard touch down run tying the game. With both teams tied going into the fourth quarter the Lancers threw two interceptions giving the Jackrabbits the momentum they needed to take the lead. The Lancers fought to the end but were unable to put the ball into the end zone ending with a 10-20 loss.

I do have to say that the Lancers played a great game and even though they lost should hold their head up high. So with that said, here are some of my favorite shots of the game, which was played at Cerritos College. I used my 300 f/2.8 and had my camera set to manual with an ISO of 3200, f/2.8, and a shutter between 1/320 - 1/500 depending on field position.













No comments: