About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Long Beach Middle School Girls Track - Champions

If you wish to veiw and purchase any picture from this event, please just click on the above title.

Tonight was the Long Beach Middle School Girls Track All-City Finals for the track events.

This event didn't start until 5pm and it was getting dark quick. So instead of focusing my attention on the action I focused on the various winners of days events. I also stayed until closing to take the team shot of the two winning divisions. I used my on-camera flash (580ex) with a diffuser. I also had my quantum 2x2 battery pack to keep my flash charged and ready.

Newcomb Middle School
Long Beach Middle School Division II Girls Track Champions.

Hughes Middle School
Long Beach Middle School Division I Champions.

This is the third year in a row that Hughes has won their division and I have had the honor of capturing the action of all three of those years. Congratulation to the girls of Hughes and I look forward to seeing you out there next year and possibly a forth win.

3 comments:

Denise Marie Olson said...

Can't wait to view the action shots!!

CSI: Photo said...

Wait Jim it's not sunny in this picture. What happened to your California Sun??

Misty Jones Photography said...

They should be sooo proud! :) I too cannot wait to see the action shots! :)