About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Family Photo's

Quite some time ago I met a local photographer (Al) through California Photo Forum, which were both members of. We attempted several times to get together for a cup, but life has a way of just keeping you busy so it never happened. During this I began to frequent Al's and his wife's (Kym) blog as they frequented mine. I must say that I quickly became a fan of both of them and their style of photography. They often work together during their photo session's, each with their own unique and special style.

Now to move forward a bit. During this last mother's day, Kym held a contest on her blog, which I entered my wife in. I know what your thinking and you would of course be right. She isn't my mom, but is the mother of two wonderful kids, whom she devotes so much of her life to. In my eyes she is well deserving for such a contest. Needless to say my wife was one of the mother's chosen to win a free photo session, which turned out to be a family shoot.

I have to say that I was quite nervous with meeting Al and Kym, whom I grew to admire and respect as photographers. Since this was going to be a family photo session I was also concerned that my kids would cooperate and be patient while the photo session occurred. Well I couldn't have asked for a better photo shoot. Al and Kym were outstanding and worked so well together. After a very short time you would have thought we were good friends by how we all interacted. They made both of my kids feel so relaxed and leaving with smiles on their faces. So I must say that if your looking for a photographer you really need to look them up. Here is their site and a few shots from our photo session.

My wife and son especially loved this shot of us.




I absolutely love these shots of my two kids.




What better picture to end this post with than a this.

3 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

LOVE THEM! They did a wonderful job, and you must be so pleased to have these family photos.

kymberli q. said...

Ah, thanks Jim! We could say the same about your work! You are AMAZING at what you do!! And your family just ROCKS!!!! We love you guys!!

Al Quackenbush said...

Thanks for the kudos, Jim! You guys were so much fun to work with. Not only did we have a great time, but together we made some rockin images and like Kymberli said, you ARE amazing at what you do. If I ever need tips on shooting sports action I know EXACTLY who I am going to ask.