About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Trash the Dress" - Havasu

We've all been to Lake Havasu during the last several years and have spent our days around the same beach. On either side of the beach there are some rocks that go into the water. Knowing this I thought it would be a great area for some trash the dress shots. I informed my sisters, who both seem excited about the idea.

During our last day in Havasu and during the evening we all got together for this shoot. Although they weren't able to bring any fancy or stylish dresses, they did bring a few things that made for some nice pictures. Before viewing these shots, remember this is all still new to me and I do have a lot to learn, but my sisters and I are very happy with the way these came out.

This first group of shots is of my beautiful wife. She is not easily relaxed in front of the camera, but I do think she is starting to get used to it and was really beginning to enjoy herself towards the end of this.






Both of my sisters are beautiful women and have a great look. With my first sister here you'll notice that she's wearing sun glasses, well I won't say why (It's our secret sis), so I had to work with them staying on. Even though she didn't seem as relaxed as my other sister, whose pictures you'll see next, but I was still able to get some nice shots of her.



What can I say about this sister other than she was a pain in the butt. She kept moving and talking and once I got her to stop for my shot, she would begain again. I have to say that I was very happy with how her pictures came out and know her husband loved the last couple of her.

On a serious note, I had a great time taking these and would do it again in a heart beat.






Here is one of my nieces. I was trying to get some shots of her on the rocks as well, but she was really grossed out by the feel of the rocks (slippery / slimy), so I ended up only taking a few of her.


This last shot is of two of my nephews. These two are like two peas in a pod. They get along so well and always having fun doing one thing or another. Just as I was finishing with our trash the dress pictures they asked if they can put some of the dresses on for a picture. This is just a fun shot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous bunch of women.....neat shots, great poses....LOVE LOVE the last one (i love goofballs) Rock on JIM

Anonymous said...

by the way that was me (Karrie) on that last comment :-)

The Cloverdale Kid said...

These are great pics Jim (again) and ladies, you all look lovely... but of course my favorite is the last one :)
Cousin Dave

your sister* said...

I love these pictures big bro... i would do it again too.. i had alot of fun..we should definately plan to do these again... of course i will not be wearing my sun glasses.. *hahha..

gidget_girrrl said...

I know, right? yeah,..i'd be there in a heart beat,.... if you should do this again....dare i step in front of the camera again?....LOL Anyhow...love the shots.... love the boys...they are something else..if they EVER go into the military or politics...we have some explaining to do,..don't we? blame on the blue waters of Havasu,...or, maybe just genes...