About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Bolsa Chica Wet Lands

As some you know I am a member of the Mpix forum and am one of the sport guys on the site. Well recently I read a post in which a fellow forum member was thinking of heading down my way to visit the Bolsa Chica Wet Lands, well actually the post was directed at me since this member knows I go to the wet lands often.




I responded and later found out he was going to make it, so we made arrangements to meet at the wet lands at 6:30 for a 6:54 sunrise, which the below shot was taken just moments before.





We spent the whole morning walking from the east bridge to the west tree line to see what activity we could find. I have to say the morning was rather quite with minimal activity, but as you will see even with minimal activity there is always something to find and shoot.



I want to say I enjoyed myself and had a great morning talking and shooting with a fellow photographer, something I wish I could do more of.


















2 comments:

Chris Fullmer said...

Beautiful shots there Jim. I had a great time hanging out with you. Thanks for working out your schedule to spend the morning with me.

Leo Timoshuk said...

These bird shots are amazing! Love em!