About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cal State Long Beach Men's Basketball

Not too long ago, well prior to the start of high school football I was hired by Gazette Sports (an online / hard copy sports paper), which covers the Long Beach area. I was provided CIF credentials for high school sports as well as credentials for Cal State Long Beach. Now throughout football season I covered Lakewood football and would provide them with pictures for their online site as well as their paper, but like all things do football season came to an end for me.


So what now, well that's what I was thinking until I got a text asking if I could cover the Cal State Long Beach Men's Basketball vs BYU. So there ya go, that's how my first time covering a college basketball game came to be. Oh - and there will be more, that I can guarantee.


Ok, now to the game. With shooting high school I have a lot of freedom as to where I go to position myself, that all changed when shooting this game. I was limited as to where I could go and had to deal with a few other photographers. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have any problems, just had limited positioning.


With that said I have to say with this being my first basketball game since last year I am very happy with what I ended up with. So enjoy the shots.
























3 comments:

Albert Quackenbush said...

These are FANTASTIC, Jim!! I like them more than the football shots - just more color and emotion for me. GREAT job!!

Albert Quackenbush said...

Whoops - this is Kymberli on Al's computer! Ha!

Cynthia said...

Love these!!! This is the sport I have the hardest time capturing. What lens are you using or do you find works best? Looking forward to future postings on basketball. :)