About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Pelican's in Flight

This is officially my last post of the year and what a year it was.


I was able to attend and teach at the last official Mpix Meet-up. I was published in Sports Illustrated (dream come true), and had numerous pictures published in our local paper for sports coverage. I also have had the opportunity to cover my first college basketball at Cal State Long Beach.


Having the New Year's weekend off I decided to make my final venture for the year to the San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary. I was simply looking to get out and relax while shooting and for me wildlife is the thing to do. I will start this post with the end. Just as I left the sanctuary I grabbed this last sunset shot.


Now as my last outting at Bolsa Chica Wet Lands, the bird activity here was very quite. I was able to take a couple of shots, but didn't really get anything until I was about ready to leave right before sunset. As I was walking past one of the last ponds I saw this pelican continually flying circles around this pond fishing. He would do several fly-bys before diving and catching his dinner. As he continued this, I simply hung out waiting for him to perform his actions closer so that I could take some better shots. So this post is dedicated to the pelican.


Enjoy











1 comment:

Cynthia said...

LOVE, love the first picture. Beautiful captures.

Happy New Year!!!