About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rancho Palos Verdes

It was a rainy day here in Southern California and my dear friend Paige had nothing to do, so I drove out to Hollywood and picked her up for if anything - a nice drive along the coast.


We started our rain soaked afternoon driving down Sunset Blvd to the Santa Monica coast where we followed PCH and headed to Rancho Palos Verdes. I wanted her to see the coast line from the hilly cliffs of Palos Verdes, w.hich is very pretty.


We had a great time stopping at one overlook, where our shoes just seemed to collect all the mud around us. It was still raining lightly while we were out, but it was a great view and Paige loved it (two shots below)




Just as we were about to leave I saw this along the property line of two homes and thought it would make a nice picture for Paige.



We continued along the coast looking at homes we could only dream of living in when we arrived at the San Vicente Lighthouse. Paige was excited to see the lighthouse and was surprised we had any out here. So we explored the area enjohing the view and taking pictures. Paige is a lot like me in regards to having her pictures takin. Usually we don't like our pictues and as a result tend to avoid having it taken, but I was able to get some shots of her and I do have to say I think they came out great.





What would I be if I didn't take a few senic shots of the area. I will say that while we were there I did see a rather large hawk (thinking red tail - not sure) flying along the cliffs and the whole time I was wishing I brought my 300 for some shots. I could have taken some awesome shots. I will come back to get them though, so keep your eyes open for that post.




3 comments:

kymberli q. said...

What a neat time and a fun visit for her! Great shots, Jim! Love those first two lighthouse shots - can't decide which one I like better!

Cynthia said...

Awww...nice. Love the coastal shots!

I'll be in Anaheim in Jun. I definitely want to see the abandoned zoo. :)

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks for the comments, you'll have to let me know when your out here Cynthia so we can meet for a cup.