About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

CIF State Semifinals - Boys Soccer - Millikan vs Crescenta Valley

With their win against La Costa Canyon in the CIF State Playoffs Millikan continues to the CIF State Semifinals against Crescenta Valley
In this match up Millikan struck first scoring a goal, but Crescenta Valley quickly returned the favor by putting one of their own into the net. The game stayed pretty close until Crescenta Valley matched their goal with another one giving them a pair. Millikan had drive and focus, but were unable to come up with another goal ending their drive for a state title.
Now to some action shots. I'm a firm believer when shooting sports you should get some safe shots prior to the game. What I mean by safe shots are those shots of players you either won't normally get, such as players riding the bench, or players that play away from the action. Now although goalies don't really play away from the action they do tend to be crowded when the action comes their way. You really need to position yourself in a place of advantage to focus on the goalie and only the goalie. So I make it a practice to get some shots of the goalies while their warming up. These first two shots are of those.


Here are both teams being brought onto the field by the ref's

Millikan's coach with his head bowed during the national athem.

Now for some action.









No comments: