About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bolsa Chica Wetlands

After years of getting up early for work I will normally get up during the early hours and usually go back to sleep, especially on my days off. This past Wednesday I woke up at 5:45 am and simply decided to get up and hit bolsa chica wetlands for some quite time and bird photography. Although it was overcast I wasn't disappointed. It was a great morning to be out. Now there weren't a bunch of terns, but those that were out would fly and often land on the bridge railings chirping with some having the occasional fish in their beak. So this first group of shots is from that.











After spending some time with the terns I moved to the tree line to see what I could find. Although there wasn't much activity, I did get lucky enough to see a harrier hawk flying low along the brush in search for breakfast. I wasn't able to get the shots I really wanted, but I did leave with a few keepers.





No comments: