About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Bolsa Chica Wet Lands

Yesterday I left work early to cover a high school track meet (Lakewood vs Wilson) at Wilson High School and wouldn't you know after rushing home to get me gear, change into some shorts, and then drive out to the school the meet didn't happen.  Not sure what the deal was, but there was no meet at the school.

Well since I've gone through all this trouble to get out of work early and rush out to Wilson, I decied to not let the afternoon go to waste and drove to Bolsa Chica Wet Lands, which Wilson High just happens to be the closest high school to.

There really wasn't much activity at the bridge (located directly across from the entrance to Bolsa Chica Beach), but I did hang out for about 2 hours to shoot what was out.

There was one Egret hanging around, so I kept watch of him taking some shots as he moved from place to place.



Now it wouldn't be Bolsa Chica Wet Lands without Terns.  There were a couple of them flying about and I simply just waited to get some shots as they flew by looking for dinner.


This last shot, which is a series of three pictures, is heavily cropped, but I thought it was a pretty cool capture.

No comments: