About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Training

 This past Tuesday I assisted our training unit up at Burro Canyon in Azusa.  They had some individuals coming out to test some ballistic plates and helmets and wanted some video coverage as well as some still shots of them conducting their training.

How could I pass on this, leave my office to head up to the hills for some shooting and photography, the perfect day.

There are a few shots where you might be curious as to why were shooting from that position.  Police officers encounter a vast range situations where they are forced to defend themselves or others with deadly force.  During this officers may find themselves in various positions while confronting suspects, it is those position where we much feel comfortable shooting from.  So with that said, enjoy something different.

I'll start with a few general shots of the range and targets.






For the shots of them actually shooting I wanted not only to show what they were doing but capture some action in the process.  In this shot below you can see the expended round as it ejected.





Another one of the action with two expended rounds near the handgun.


I mostly shot video with the ballistic plates and helmet, but did get this shot of the mushroomed round exiting out of the helmet.  The round entered center of helmet and exited towards the top.


One of the crew

No comments: