About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Lakewood JV Football vs Poly

Well its that time of the year again, when Lakewood and Poly meet with this game usually deciding who will take the Moore League.  I've been covering the JV team over the freshmen team as I have a couple of parents who have bought pictures and have indicated they intend to purchase more, so I do my best to take care of them and provide them with great action shots of their kids.  Unfortunately this wasn't one of those games.

Lakewood started out playing some tough football, but then all of a sudden started making mistakes and dropping balls, which is something you just can't do when playing Poly.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come tonight when our varsity hook up against Poly at Vet's Stadium in Long Beach.

The two two kids I was looking for didn't give me a lot of opportunities to capture them in action, that is except for one, but of course I wasn't in the position to get the best shots of it.  I did get some of the sequence (fumble recovery and run), but got it from the back side and a good distance away.

Another thing about this game.  I was either off or there just wasn't a lot of open field action.  I had a hard time getting action from either team, but I'll let you decide about the shots I have here.  So take a look and enjoy.








No comments: