About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, May 3, 2013

HDR - Disnyland's California Grand Hotel


The best part of me is now officially working at Disneyland, so yesterday we decided to spend a few hours at downtown Disney so she can get more familiar with her assigned area.  It was a hot, but perfect afternoon to be out.

I am also part of a facebook group called "Hear that shutter baby!" in which our goal is to bring back the passion of photography.  You can call it what you want, but I've never lost that passion, but I do see and talk with many photographers who have lost their passion for photography.  They have let the business of it take the passion out of what they once loved.

The first Thursday of each month our goal is to go out and take a picture.  This isn't about having a client or doing what you would normally do, but simply going out and shooting.  So with that said I brought my camera with my 24-70 f/2.8 attached to see what I would find on our outing.

We will start with a shot of my daughter, who also works at Disneyland.  She just so absolutely loves working there.


The "World of Disney" , my wife's new spot.


My wife wanted to show me something in the California Grand Hotel and while we were walking through I thought to myself, "Self - I should try some HDR in here".  Well I did just that.  I didn't bring a tripod but made use of what I had around me, especially the balcony railings.

This first shot is of the front desk.


The next three shots are of their main room and boy is this place GRAND.  I love the look and feel to it and only hope I did it justice with my shots.





No comments: