About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Softball CIF Semi-Finals Millikan vs Lakewood

I was hoping I would be asked to cover the CIF Semi-Finals Girls Softball with Millikan and Lakewood High fighting for a spot in the finals, and I wasn't disappointed.
 
I make it a point to arrive at a shoot location early to see what I have to work with.  This game was held on a high school field, which really doesn't leave a lot of space to shoot from, but this was a semi-final game against two teams in the same league, which meant one of them would continue to the final game, so needless to say the area was packed with fans.  That was just a piece of the puzzle as it turned out.  As I waited for game time photographer after photographer started showing up.  This isn't a good thing as we would all be fighting and jockeying for spots.
 
As things started I began to do my thing and the first thing I had to deal with was a fan asking me if I was going to be where I was kneeling throughout the game.  My initial thought was really dude, I'm barely poking around the fence to get shots of the batter, but it is what it is and I simply told him I plan on moving all over the place during the game and I did.  I simply moved around when I found an opening and shoot from various locations.  Initially I was thinking of heading out halfway through the game, but really don't like to leave until its all said and done.
 
So I stayed and got what I got, which I am pleased with.
 






















No comments: