About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

First Round CIF Playoffs - Lakewood vs Mater Dei

Well this is not the way I wanted to end my football season.

Lakewood made the playoffs and was slated to meet Mater Dei at the Santa Ana Bowl.  The last time Lakewood went up against Mater Dei they lost 70 - 10, so needless to say I wasn't expecting much, although I was hoping for more than what I got.  Lakewood had a rough time from the starting kickoff to the end of the game losing 66 - 14.

As a sports photographer this was a tough game to cover.  I wanted to provide the team, their website, and the local papers some good action, but that's hard to get when the team your covering is having a rough time running and passing the ball.  I was able to walk away with some nice shots, but they were hard to come by.

Below you find my favorite shots from the game.  Here's until next year.















No comments: