About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, September 8, 2017

Lakewood Varsity Football vs Los Alamitos

Week -2

"Friday Nigh Lights"

This had to be the hardest football game I ever covered.  I cover Lakewood High for the local paper and have done so for numerous years.  I've seen a slow steady decline in the quality of their program and this past Friday's game was the lowest I've seen.  They've lost by more points before, but have made a stronger effort on the field.  They could do nothing right or move the ball during this game while being dominated by Los Alamitos.

I say it was the hardest because plain and simple - its hard to capture the action of a team when they simply can't move the ball.  Both the running and passing game was non-exsistant, but in the end I do take great pride in capturing the action and I hope I served them well with the shots I did cover. 

Here are my favorites from the game.



















No comments: