About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, September 22, 2017

Poly Varsity Football vs Mission Viejo

Week 4

Poly vs Mission Viejo 

I have been very loyal to Lakewood High School and have been covering them through the good and the bad.  I've watched as their football program has slowly declined do to many reasons, which I won't discuss here.  With that being said and in the end I shoot football for our local paper, the Long Beach Gazette.  This year has been a rough one thus far, which means its been very rough capturing the action when your school isn't really giving you any, so needless to say when I was requested to cover the Poly game this past Friday I jumped at the opportunity.  Well I am now regretting that.

Poly is the Moore Leagues top school when it comes to sports in general and has dominated football for at least a decade plus.  I expected this game to be action packed with a lot of opportunities to capture it, but as it turned out the action was minimal on both sides of the ball and for both teams.

Additionally Poly's sideline was packed with everyone with people that really had no business being there and I'm surprised its not more controlled, but when all was said and done I did manage to get the shots I wanted, even if it meant squeezing in between people to get it.

Now above I said I regretted covering the Poly game over Lakewood.  The final score for Poly was 7-12 and the final score for Lakewood was 39-49.  I have stuck with Lakewood through it all and should have been there with them for their past game.  Never again if I have any say about.  Now don't get me wrong, I will continue to shoot what the Gazette requests me to cover and will always shoot a Poly game when able, but if I do have a choice, it will stay with Lakewood.

Here are my favorite shots from the game.
















No comments: