About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Finally finished going through all of the pictures I took during the Hero's cup with LAPD playing against LA County Fire. Both are very good teams and play hard. I didn't get there until the first half had already started but I was still able to shoot some pictures for about 15-20 minutes before the half was over. During the second half it started to rain a bit, not much but enough to feel a few drops here and there, although with the equipment I have I don't let this bother me.



So take a look and enjoy.



I like these next two shots due to their jumps. Nothing like a good header to show the height and determination some players have during play. As for the lone jumper, he jumped up to take the ball in the chest and drop it down by his feet to play it.

This shot just shows the focus the player in blue has on the ball, which is almost comical.



I just loved the expression on both of these grown men. You just know something is going to happen by looking at their faces.

This last shot has to be my favorite out of all of them. There's a few things going on here that you can look at. First you see the intensity of the player in read as he tries to gain control of the ball while blocking the player in blue at the same time. Also notice the bit of blood along the blue players right eye (your left). It may not show here but he had a nice cut next to his right eye that was bleeding a bit. Now you may look at this shot and see what could be a great action shot that tells a story or is the player in red making that face becasue the player in blue is kneeing him in the groin from behind. Hard to tell, either way I just love this shot.

3 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

I never get tired of seeing your action shots! I really like the moment you captured in the first image. The Husband's rugby season is starting and I can't wait. It's so much fun trying to capture those facial expressions!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks so much Lisa. I would really love to shoot some rugby as theres a lot of action in that. I've been trying to find a team out here and understand there may be a couple. I just need to find where they play and go out.

gidget_girrrl said...

wow,....look at the height in that one pic! i mean, i've seen people appear that high off the ground doing what they are doing, but wow,....to capture that,....cool,....