About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Torrance Football Scrimmage Game

Today my nephew, who is a sophmore at Torrance High School and playing his second year of football there had their first scrimmage game. My nephew plays on the Jr. Varsity team and they were playing against the Freshmen team. I went out to support my nephew and hopefully get some shots of him in action. Of course I keep the camera at the ready for other action that might have happened.

These first two shots, which are of my nephew who started the game as fullback, were shot with the Canon MK IIn, 300 f/2.8L IS lens, while attached to a monopod




These remaining shots were shot with the same equipment with the exception of an added 1.4x converter added.

When shooting sports I try to get faces in the picture. This add impact and shows the emotion and intensity that these players have when playing. Although this next picture doesn't show any faces I thought it was a great hit breaking up a pass.



This last shot, or I should say sequence was great to watch and I was very pleased that I caught the action. I only wish I would have taken just a couple more shots into the sequence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah.... that's my kid.
Standing there watching a Freshman slam a JV player down thinking omg what an awesome play not knowing that it was my kid getting his head ripped off.....I guess it is true when there on the field they all look the same ;)
Awesome pictures Big Bro....

Anonymous said...

These pictures need to be in the year book

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks for the comments sis's. This is just a sign of what's to come during the season. It's going to be another great year watching our boys play football. Isn't it great!