About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Freshmen Football "Week One" Lakewood vs La Costa Canyon

Well the football season has finally started with our freshmen teams. Our Jr. Varsity and Varsity will play tomorrow at La Costa Canyon. Today our freshmen played at home. This started off bad for our boys with their opening kickoff being returned for a touch down. By the end of the first half we were down 6-21. Lakewood has always been known as a second half team and they didn't let us down. Our boys came back and won the game 25-21, but it did get very close during the last few minutes.


All of these shots were taken with my Canon Mark IIn and 300 f/2.8L lens. Since I did all of the action shots for the freshmen team last year the coaches have become very familier with me and give me a lot of access. I make sure I don't get in their way and keep my eye on the action so I or a player don't get hurt.


I'll add some closeups, which are unavoidable when using the 300. When the action comes your way you just need to make the best of it and try to get the action.


No comments: