About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Soccer, just when you thought it was over

The Home Depot Center here in Carson puts on a Hero's cup soccer tournament with police and fire department teams every year and this last weekend was their most recent tournament. The tournament started on Thursday and ended on Sunday. LAPD has a very competitive and strong team and usually does very well. I've worked around both of the teams coaches and was asked if I would come out and shoot a game. I planned on going out on Saturday to shoot one of their games but haven't been feeling to well and after shooting my nephew's scrimmage football game I decided to stay home. On Sunday they had an early game at 8:30am, but needed the sleep so I didn't go to that game either. Just after noon I called one of the coaches to get their status on the tournament and found out that they were about to start their final game in just a few minutes, so I rushed home, cleaned up, grabbed my gear and went to the Home Depot Center for their game. I was able to shoot the last 15 minutes of the first half and the whole second half. I used my 300 f/2.8L lens and my 1.4x converter at ISO 400. I ended up with nice shots and hope to post some when I get home tonight.

No comments: