About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Girls Varsity Soccer "Lakewood vs Wilson"

Lakewood and Wilson, what can you say. These two teams go at it hard when they meet and I can always expect some great action. Now wheather I capture that action is a different story. Wilson is pretty much the #1 team in CIF and our girls (Lakewood) lost against them during their first meet. Lakewood was up 1-0, but late in the second half Wilson came back hard and put two goals on the board to win the game.

Well this game was no different. Wilson started by scoring first and it wasn't until late in the first half that Lakewood answered with a goal of their own. Lakewood kept the tie until late in the second half when Wilson had the opportunity to take the lead with a penalty kick. Lakewood's goalie is great and I enjoy watching her and capturing her in action. She's not afraid to get dirty or take a hit. She made a great dive but was unable to block Wilson's kick. Great game to watch.

This will be my last varsity season game, as I need to get some shots of the Jr. Varsity team for their banquet. Lakewood will more than likely make the playoffs and I'll be there getting the action, but until that time I'm finished.

























2 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

I LOVE muddy action shots! These are great.

So, rugby tomorrow, eh? Bet someone's excited! Can't wait to see the shots.

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks Lisa, I'm so excited about the rugby. Today is the day, that is as long as the rain can stay away. You will be seeing my shots here and at Mpix. Thanks for the inspiration.