About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, January 7, 2008

"Happy New Year"

2007 was a great year for me and I hope the same can be said to those reading this, but now we turn our gaze ahead to 2008. I hope this new year brings all of you much joy and happiness.

Where will this year take us? Don't know, but I guess that's what makes life so exciting, just getting on for the ride.

As for my sports action, I'm not anticipating any changes with that. I will be turning down more requests to shoot games / events this year unless I get compensation in advance. In the past I was willing to shoot numerous games and spend many hours putting together slideshows, which never lead to any sales. I did this to be seen and get my name out there, but now I will only do it if I get paid. So lets see what happens this next year and hopefully as we prepare ourselves for 2009, I will be able to say all worked out fine.

I appreciate those people that come by to take a look and those who happen upon my blog by accident. If there is something special you'd like to see, just let me know.

Once again have a great year and I hope to see your around.

5 comments:

Ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ken said...

Hey! I was starting to wonder about you!

I hope you see some ca$h this year, you deserve it for your amazing work. Heck, I should send you a check. I know your advice has improved my photography immensely since I got my camera at the end of may. And not just in sports.

Photography has been something I've had in my head for a long time. I dabbled a little in 35mm a few years ago but it was just too much for processing and film. Its been a creative outlet I needed very badly. I appreciate your taking me under your wing. (don't expect a check :P )

Ken

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks so much Ken. There's a lot of people that don't want to gvie away secrets but I enjoy sharing and helping others with something I have so much passion and love for.

Amy Benzenhafer said...

Have you called SI yet? You deserve big bucks for your talent, my friend!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thank you so much Amy, you are too kind.