About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Lakewood Girls Varsity Soccer vs Compton

"Nothing but headers"

The Lakewood Lancers played against Compton last Tuesday and really womped on them (11-0), which is pretty high for a soccer game. Now I origianlly wasn't going to shoot this game due to working but I was having a real bad day at work and took off a little early so I can make it. Glad I did. Compton didn't have a good team so all of the players had a chance to play giving me the opportunity to get shots of some players that don't get a lot of game time.

Noting unsual here, used the beast and had the camera set at aperture priority (f/2.8).









2 comments:

Al Quackenbush said...

Jim,

I think you do a great job of catching the moment. These soccer photos are great. The only suggestion I would make is to post a few shots that aren't always header shots. The reason I say that is that some of the images look repetitive. Don't get me wrong, you do a great job, I am just being selfish and want to see other shots!

Thanks for sharing!

Jim, "Homer" said...

I agree with you totally Al. Look back at prior soccer posts and you'll see that I have more shots of the other action and only a few headers. For this post I didn't really get a lot of action that I normally would for some reason, but I did end up with a lot of headers, so I made this a header post.