About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Long Beach "All-City Finals" Track

This last Saturday was a perfect day to be outside shooting some action. Now it did start off a little cool, but that's expected during this time of year. This track meet was the Long Beach Middle School's All-City Finals, which was cancelled on two prior occasions due to rain.

For this meet I decided to try something different. I already had the pictures I needed for the middle school I shoot for, so I thought I'd use a lens I normally wouldn't use on a track meet. I used my 24-70 f/2.8L . I was looking for a wider shot and different perspective. It worked out alright for the running events and high jump, but I was not happy with the long jump shots, which I ended up deleting.

I also tried something I haven't done much of and that's getting a motion blurred effect. Not sure if it worked, but I rather like what I ended up with.















I've done this once before and wanted to do some more. Since I wasn't getting what I wanted with the lens I decided to use I went ahead and played a bit. I'd have to say that I do like the effect and hope you do also.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I can't wait to be able to start shooting outdoors. Great Captures as usual Jim.

Al Quackenbush said...

Jim,

Nice shots! You have a great eye with the runners. Where do you shoot? I'd love to sit down over a cup of coffee sometime and chat if you are interested.

Cheers,
Al