About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Narbonne Baseball

Got the word from the wife that my nephew had a baseball game this last Friday and since I haven't had much going on at the moment I decided to get out and shoot some action, but first there were some things to do. I made arrangements with the wife to bring my gear with her to the game so I could leave right after work and not have to drive home. The next thing I needed to do was make arrangments to have field access. I contacted my sister, who in turn spoke to the teams coach and obtained permission for field access.

By the time I arrived the game had already started. So I put on the knee pads and got the gear ready for some action. I did shoot the whole game getting some decent action shots of the players, but most importantly some nice shots of my nephew.









A bit of field and sliding action.







Some batting action.









What good is going to my nephew's game and not taking some pictures of him, not good at all. So here are some of my favorites of him taken during the game.






Swinging on an inside pitch.



Making a dive back to first.



Finally something just for the fun of it.


5 comments:

gsh said...

Nice shots... How's the effect on the last photo created? I assume it's a ps touch? What function?

Thanks,
gsh

gsh said...

Maybe one of the filters? I couldn't figure it out but it looks nice.

gsh

Anonymous said...

truly some great shots, bro. And of course, I am biased to the last few. The second one of him is great. Just love all the shots. He still have pretty much the same form and that is so great to be able to see it through your pictures year after year. Thank you!

....and credit where credit is due,... the shot of one of his team mates? The shorter and darker shortstop? He's kinda inverted and ready to field the ball? Awesome shot! His mom sooo needs to see that shot. It deserves not only a place on his mom's wall, but the yearbook as well as their playbook/program. Great shot...............

Denise Marie Olson said...

Great shots, Homer!!! I especially love the one of the silhouette.....captivating, simply captivating!!!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks everyone.

Hey gsh, the one shot was ran through Lucis Arts, giving it that look.