About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lakewood Girls Varsity Soccer vs Jordan

To view and order pictures from this event, just click on the above title.

Before I start with this soccer game I must say I didn't think I would be shooting Lakewood's Girls Varsity games this season. I was asked prior to shoot some action of the Lakewood Boys Varsity Basketball team and noticed while heading to the school on two occasions that their soccer season has already started. During the last two years I've been asked to shoot the girls varsity soccer team and put together a dvd slideshow for their end-of-year banquet, but this year I never received a phone call or email. So I just assumed that I wasn't going to be out there shooting their games.

That was until this last weekend when I received an email for the teams booster club president asking if I would come out and shoot the girls in action. I must say I was rather happy that I got that email as I really enjoy shooting these girls. This will be my third year doing so and they have really enjoyed the slideshows that I have put together for them.

Now back to this game. This was their third season game and was one of those games that they were expected to win, which in my case works out great. This allows me to capture some of the girls who don't normally get much game play. So here are some of my favorites from the game.





You've heard of BOB (ball on bat), well this is a BOF (ball on face) shot.

In Soccer the action moves up and down the field very fast making it very hard to capture all players of the game in action. To increase your chances of capturing a particular player in action you can follow them, keeping your camera on them, but if your trying to capture as many as possible, or all of the players in action then you need to adapt to the game and position yourself to get the various players.

For the two below shots I wanted to capture the goalie in action, but I knew in advance that the team they were playing were not going to get the ball towards the goal much if any. So knowing this I arrived at the game early, which I recommend highly, and captured some shots of the goalie while warming up. So now you know my trick to capturing great action shots of the goalie. Get there early and shoot them while their warming up. This was a good thing as this goalie never touch the ball once the game started.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi

Jim, "Homer" said...

Hi

Anonymous said...

LONG BEACH JORDAN ALL THE WAY... U HUU GIRLS...