About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Lakewood Boys Varsity Basketball vs Millikan

If you wish to view and order pictures from this event, just click on the above title.

Game two and much better. After my disappointment from the first game I tried some different things and settings. For starters I used my flash, which I bounced off the ceiling. I also made sure I brought my battery pack for my flash, which helps the recycle time and allows me to fire off more shots.

Another adjustment I made was to be more selective in my shots. Instead of firring off a bunch of sequences, I watched and anticipated the action and fired off one shot at a time. The up side is a limited number of pictures to go through and edit. The down side, not a lot to choose from. So here are my favorites from the game.

This first was taken as this kid jumped out of bounds to save the ball, which he succeeded in.




No comments: