About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

El Dorado Park with my daughter

This is my second adventure at El Dorado Park. After my first walk-about there I wanted to get out there again to try some more shots. I was hoping to get closer to the Egret catching another gofer, but prior to my departure from my house my daughter asked if she could come along. She did have an alternative motive for going. She wanted to go to Target afterwards, so I got my second camera, also a Canon Mark IIn, and put the 70-200 f/2.8 on it for her to use as we headed out.

Earlier in the day my wife and I went for a walk in El Dorado Park and saw some ducklings, so I wanted to try and find them for some pictures. We walked around the pond looking for various subjects to shoot. As we walked I helped my daughter out with what to look for and how to move so she didn't scare the wildlife off.

The first little critter we came across was this squirrel. He was just standing there all proud, as if he wanted us to take his picture, so of course we had to oblige him. I left him a card so he can see the picture and order a copy if he wants.

After the squirrel's photo shoot we walked around and found the ducklings. There were two of them and they had a pretty good following of adult ducks making sure no one got to close.





Just a couple of misc shots I took while walking around the pond.


Just before the sun went down I wanted to try to get the Egret catching another gofer, so my daughter and I found one and worked our way close to him, but things weren't just meant to be as he flew away just as we were getting close. I was able to get some nice shots of him flying by.




Here are a couple of my beautiful daughter, AKA "Sweetheart".


Just as we were walking out of the park we found this guy digging in the grass. I got as close as I could safely. Not the shot I wanted but it was getting dark and he didn't seem to want any company.

The following shots were take by my daughter. These have been cropped as she wasn't able to get as close as I. I was using a 300 f/2.8 with a 1.4x attached and she only had the 70-200. I think she did a great job considering. And although she really wanted to Target, we did have a great time taking pictures.



1 comment: