About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nerd Birds II

Made it out to my niece's softball game today. This is the second game I shot of her and wanted to get some different shots of the girls for their slide show that I will be putting together for them.

I always try to take some shots during their warm-ups and wanted to get some tight shots of them hitting. These shots make the slide shows a bit more personal and shows more of their personality.

What can I say but "My Niece"
These two shots are your classic sportraits. I especially like the second one with the hair being highlighted by the back lit sun.

I was too close for a full body shot of this young lady pitching but really liked her look, so I took a tighter shot of her while she pitched.
Just a simple action shot of a play to first base and yes, she pulled her foot off the plate.
What is softball without some batting shots. This first one was taken on the opposite side of the batter. I had already obtained shots of all of the girls from the other side and was looking for something different to add to their slideshow. This view gave me a tighter look and follow-through of the their swing.

The rest are from their normal side.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your "sportraits" sooo much! I look forward to seeing them everytime I go to your blog!

kymberli q. said...

These are great, Jim! But what is new?! LOL

Lisa Walsh said...

Wow, Jim, those sportraits are fantastic! The DOF you get is outstanding, and I love the backlit hair, too.