About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Many Faces of A.J. - First Birthday

We spent Saturday at A.J.'s first birthday party. You may ask, "Who is A.J." A.J. is the son to one of my very close friends daughter, who for all purposes is my niece. My kids call my friend their uncle as well as his kids calling me uncle. we have been friends for so long (since around 1st grade) that we might as well be brothers.

We went to take part in the festivities and I of course brought my camera to document the day for them.

So with that said and since this was his birthday, I've only posted shots of A.J.











Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too.



4 comments:

LKN Images said...

Wow! The sports photographer doubles as a kids photographer... Excellent! What lens were you shooting with? I really like the juice box shot.

Al Quackenbush said...

Love the different looks. He looks like he's ready to take on the world. Did you have your 'cake splatter guard' on?

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks LKN and Al, I was shooting with my 70-200 f/2.8L. He was just so happy this day and was having a blast.

kymberli q. said...

He is adorable!! I also love the different expressions, but that last one is PRICELESS! Especially with the comment you put over it! LOL I'm sure they will LOVE these!