About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lakewood Track vs Poly

Attended my son's most recent track meet. Since he throws the day prior he ends up helping the team with measuring and hurdles during the regular meet, so I decided to capture a few shots just to keep on my game.

This first shot is something I've been wanting to try. I'm not all that happy with how it came out but I still find it interesting. I would have wanted the runner to be looking down through the hurdles.

Just wanted to show the intensity of some of the runners prior to the start of their event. I like the look of this young athlete just prior to the judge calling set.


I liked the slant of these two runners as they hit the first turn of their race.

A few high jumpers to share. The first two are of the same girl from different angles.



And finally a couple of the pole vaulters.


5 comments:

Mark said...

Great shots as always, Jim. Ironically, I tried the same hurdle shot as you this past Friday at a local track meet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mlstel/3473421941/
Wish I had a longer lense for the shot.

Mark

Jim, "Homer" said...

Wow mark, that is a great shot you got, IMO much better than the one I posted. Thanks for the comment.

Amy Benzenhafer said...

FANTASTIC hurdle shot, Jim!

Kristi said...

I LOVE the first one. Great job on the composition and the DOF is fabulous.

Kristy said...

I'm jealous of your lens. I drooled over the f2.8 cannon lenses before coming to reality that I can't afford it this year and settled for the 55-200 IS f/4. lens. Are you shooting manual/AV/TV mode?
I've tried them all. The sun changes so much at our track meets here to shoot manual. I'm also using the al servo focal setting and notice some of my shots have softer focus than others.