About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Lakewood Freshmen vs Compton

Here are some pictures from the freshmen game against Compton.


When I take pictures of the cheerleaders, especially action shots of them jumping or being tossed up into the air I tend to take them from the side. I do this to avoid the infamous crotch shot. I want to take an action shot while keeping it tasteful for these young ladies.







Just prior to the start of the second half the cheerleaders will bring out the paper that they have painted up for the players to run through. Now I've tried for several years to get the perfect shot of the players or player running through the paper and I think I've finally achieved it. Once the cheerleaders set up I will position myself usually right in front of the paper to get the shot(s) I want. Well this is the first one I really liked, so you be the judge and tell me what you think.






No comments: