About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Lakewood JV Football vs Narbonne

 Here are some shots from the Lakewood vs Narbonne JV game I covered yesterday.

I'll start out with some shots of the JV cheerleaders followed by some action, so please enjoy and feel free to leave a comment.








How I got the shot.  This is one of those shots that simply develope right in front of you.  I was watching the quarterback drop back for a pass and once I saw the direction he was going I turned my attention down field to the reciever.  Now what makes this interesting is that this pass was intended for Lakewood (red uniforms), but intercepted by Narbonne.  I saw that it was going to be a close catch and maintained my focus on the Narbonne player and was able to obtain a sequence of the catch.  Out of the sequence this was the best shot - and really can you deny that.  A nice slightly full framed shot with the ball just out of the receivers hand.  Got to love it.






What would a football post be without some b&w shots.  The following shots simply screamed out for this effect and I simply had to listen.


No comments: