About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shirts for Havasu

In just a few days we will be off to Havasu Lake for a week. Now I'm not much for the heat but my two kids sure have a blast while were there. We go with my two sisters and their families and spend the week tubing, knee and wake boarding. I do have to admit that I have a blast on the tube, only down side is I'm not taking the pictures.

This will be our third year going and I take various shots throughout the vacation and put together a DVD slide show that I give to each of my sisters. Now the joke between our families is that they only bring me to take action shots of them, which I do and have a great time doing.

Last year we made t-shirts for the havasu trip. These were just symbolic of what each one of us thought important or said something about who or what we did. Well mine had to do with cameras, of course. I made a scene of me holding a camera with a huge lens stretching across the shirt. So this blog entry is dedicated to our Shirts for "Havasu '08", and each shirt tells it's own story. I'll see if I can fill you in as we go. Oh, we used puffy paint that we obtained at Michales. I used to make banners for the youth baseball teams I coached and would use a combination of felt and puffy paint to make them.

So let's start with my shirt. The story with this one is last year I took some great action shots of all of the kids and family members getting some great air with either the tube, knee or wake boards. That is except for my brother-in-law. It not that easy taking action shots on the back of a boat speeding and zig-zaging across the water. So this shirt is dedicated to him. As you can see he has some great air and I"m looking in the wrong direction. Bummer.

This is my wife's shirt. She is a huge coffee person and can you tell which coffee she like the most. Yep, that's right, it's Starbucks. She still gets her daily coffee while were on the lake, it's just not a Starbucks.


Here is my son's shirt. Now what can this shirt mean. Well let's see. Last year during our havasu trip we had a smores night. Throughout the night while everyone was making their smores I was taking pictures capturing every one's enjoyment. It was during this that my son would work his way into many of the pictures, which showed great on the DVD. So this shirt shows him among everyone. Oh, he is the one in the center with the long spiky hair (fro).

My daughter's shirt is last. This is simple and short. She's is always saying how bored she is, so she decided to put this on her shirt. She just used the different spelling for bored.



Sister #1
My brother-in-law's shirt. If you read mine you understand what his stands for. There are no shots of him getting air so basically it's "What Air" with him. This was his idea and I like the way it turned out.
My sister's oldest. He is very athletic and does very well on the tube, knee and wake board. Here he is holding onto the rope with his teeth as he gets air.


Both of my sister's youngest son's have this super speedo hero thing going on and made similar shirts.


Sister #2
This begins my second sister's family. This first one is my brother-in-law's shirt. Last year during havasu he flipped over and almost lost his swim trunks as he was pulled off the tube. This shirt is dedicated to that.

My sister's oldest boy. He has this pose that he does all the time where he puts one hand on his hip and the other pointed high and off to the side.



4 comments:

Misty Jones Photography said...

These are too funny! LOL! Thanks for the blog luv! :)

Ken said...

LOL, Jim, didn't you do a little 'work' on one of the tubing pics last year?

Hope you have fun!

kymberli q. said...

This is such a GREAT idea, Jim! So much fun to do and look at!

Lisa Walsh said...

Too funny! I had a laugh looking through these. My shirt would be a combination of yours and your wifes, but you already knew that, lol!

Can't wait to see the pictures!