About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

An early end to football season

Well, it looks like football is over for my son. Recently my son has been vomiting and has had associated headaches. we weren't sure what the problem was and took him to the doctors. They did some tests and found nothing wrong. We later heard from some friends that his symptoms could be from a concussion. As it turns out four weeks ago during his game against Poly her took a very hard hit to the helmet from one of his own team mates. Now I remember him telling me about the hit but he said he was fine and wasn't hurting. I guess I should have dug deeper. It turns out that the hit immediately gave him a head ache, cause him to be slightly dizzy, and caused some tingling in his spine / back ("Now he tells me"). So we contacted the doctor and had a CT scan that night. The CT scan came back negative for any swelling or bleeding. That was last week on Friday. He was fine over the weekend and then Monday comes and he's sick again. So I leave work to take him back to the doctors. They tell me he has post concussion syndrome. So football is over for him. We both talked about it and he's fine with the season being over. His words "I've played all the important games I wanted to play". I just want him to get better.

I will still be out there shooting but now since he won't be playing I might be able to get out the freshmen games, who play the same time as the JV, and take some shots of them. The parents are really interested in getting some pictures.

1 comment:

gidget_girrrl said...

oh no,..... i am so sorry to hear that,..but happy to know that he is okay with the end of his season,.... good for him,.... but how is he now?.................gonna do a recheck? i finally took ash in last monday,.........no fractures nor bone chips,..but very vague,..she's doing well,... just getting her better,...stronger, and trying to get her to condition more at home...you know how it goes,....