About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Lakewood Track at Mayfair

It is offically track season for high school. Yesterday Lakewood has their first practice meet at Mayfair High School with Mayfair and Paramount attending. My son throws the shotput and discuss so I was able to quite a few of the events, such at high jump and pole vaulting.

My son threw first place for shotput and fourth for discuss. He was just off and took a hard fall during his warm up for the discuss. He just needs to get his head on straight and focus and he's going to do great.

It was a great day for track, but as the sun went down it sure did get real cold. I felt sorry for all of the athletes wearing t-tops and shorts. I guess that's what the warm up suits are for.

I used the "Beast" for all of these shots. I had my camera set on aperture priority at f/2.8 with an ISO of 100, which increased gradually to 1600 as the sun went down.




"Some running action"



"Hurdles"



"Discuss Action"

"My Son"

No comments: