About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Middle School Volleyball - Game I

It's late (11pm) and I just finished going through 800 football pictures from todays game, but that's not what this post is for. Yesterday I shot the first of two middle school volleyball games. I kept the 70-200 f/2.8L on and shot manual again. ISO was at 1600 and the shutter went between 1/400 - 1/500, aperture 2.8. Here are a few shots from the game.



No action in this shot but I just like the way it came out.

3 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

Great stuff as always! How are you eliminating the funky color cast that usually comes with shooting in gyms?

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks so much Lisa for always coming by and taking a look and leaving a comment.

I wish I new some neat trick but this gym is great for lighting, at least during the day. My WB is set on auto and usually does a decent job without correcting the WB. If it need to be fixed then it's usually only a few pictures and I'll just adjust them in RAW.

Lisa Walsh said...

It's nothing. I love looking at your work and there's nothing worse than blogging to yourself, IMO. :)