About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Girls Scout Cookies / Softball / Birthday

First let me say "Happy Birthday" to the love of my life. Today was my wifes 41st birthday and the poor thing had to start it passing out girl scout cookies. Once a year the girl scouts sell cookies and all of the cookies are distrubuted from warehouses in each area and today was the day to pass out the cookies to all the girl scout troops. So my daughter, son and his friends, and myself went to pass out cookies with the wife. We started at the warehouse at 6:30 in the morning and were finished at 11:30.

Once finished my wife and daughter rushed home to drop off our troop cookies while I took my son and his friends to a local park for a pancake breakfast. I then picked up some Subway for my daughter and I for lunch while my wife went to a co-workers retirement. I was able to eat some lunch before I was off to take some pictures.

My niece is playing on a girls 12U fast-pitch softball team and today was her opening day, so I went to get some pictures of her in action. I recently bought a AquaTech water resistant cover for my camera and lens, which came in the mail this Friday. Well, that was a well made purchase as the clouds were out in force and we had some rain. The cover worked great and gave me the peace of mind while shooting in the rain. The girls did when, although there wasn't a lot of action to shoot. I did end up with some nice shots that I will post once I'm finished editing them.

In the evening we had some friends and family over for the wife's birthday. Had some ice cream cake and enjoyed some great conversation while the kids did their thing. I know it's not the best birthday a person can have, but it was spent with family and firends, and what's better then hanging out with people who love you.

3 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

Happy belated Birthday to your wife!

Al Quackenbush said...

Sounds like your wife had a busy day! She is a trooper! Wish her happy birthday from us.

Jim, "Homer" said...

Pass it along and my better half said thanks so much.